07 March 2008

Sixth day of the Fast – Sixième jour du jeûne

Sunrise at 5:59 a.m. This morning, I was looking out of the window to see if I could catch a nice sunrise to take photos of while I was eating. The sky was pretty cloudy and I couldn't get a nice shot, so I kept on eating. After the sun rises, I am usually getting ready to say some prayers with John and so I am not concentrating on taking photos anymore or looking outside the window. Well, this time, luckily, I did, because the sun had come up nicely and I was able to take some great shots. Now I wonder whether it has been like that all the time but I never realised!

Today, after work (we work half days on Fridays) we went to the Shrine of Bahá’u’lláh in Bahjí, near ‘Akká and then we came back to pick up the rest of the girls to go to Herzliya for some food and lots of chocolate (at Max Brenner’s)!

Le soleil s’est levé à 5h59 aujourd’hui. Ce matin je regardais par la fenêtre pour voir s’il y avait des jolies photos à prendre du lever du soleil pendant que je mangeais. Le ciel était assez nuageux et il n’y avait rien à prendre alors je me suis concentrée sur mon petit-déjeuner. Après que le soleil se lève, je me prépare pour faire des prières avec John et je ne me concentre plus sur les photos à prendre ou à regarder par la fenêtre. Cette fois-ci, par hasard, en regardant dehors je me suis aperçu que les couleurs du ciel feraient une jolie photo. Maintenant je me demande combien de fois j’ai loupé une occasion pareille.

Ce soir après le travail (on travaille une demi-journée les vendredis) on est allés au mausolée de Bahá’u’lláh à Bahjí, près de ‘Akká, puis on est revenus à Haïfa pour récupérer les autres filles puis nous sommes allés à Herzliya pour un dîner et beaucoup de chocolat (chez Max Brenner) !

Sunrise

Sunset - leaving Haifa

Asian fusion food

I call it the chocolate factory



1 comment:

montague said...

beautiful sunrise/sunset. and i loooove max brenner!