09 March 2008

Eighth day of the Fast – Huitième jour du jeûne

Sunrise at 5:57. I didn’t take any photos this morning. I had to concentrate on my eating. The weather is kind of weird these days. It is very warm. Not that I am complaining; it is just that it is unusually warm and therefore we are unusually unprepared for it. For example, we still have our winter bedding, clothes, shoes, etc.! People say it is the usual khamsín (dust storm) and I tend to believe that. Now I am waiting for the rain to come and clear the air.

Le soleil s’est levé à 5h57 ce matin. Je n’ai pris aucune photo ce matin, j’avais vraiment besoin de me concentrer sur le petit-déjeuner. Le temps est bizarre ces jours-ci. Il fait très chaud. C’est pas que je me plaigne, c’est juste qu’on n’est pas preparé pour ! On a toujours notre couette et nos habits d’hiver et nos affaires d’été sont au fin fond du placard ! Les gens disent que c’est le khamsín habituel et j’aurais tendance à les croire. Maintenant j’attend que la pluie vienne et nous ramène de l’air pur et frais.


Two photos taken on my way to the dinning room
Deux photos prises sur le chemin de la cafétéria

No comments: