02 September 2006

It's all about childhood / Ah l'enfance !

A friend of ours went back home (to the US) for holidays and I had made a special request to her hoping that my request wasn't too silly or "so out of date". Anyways, when she came back, I wondered whether she had forgotten about what I had asked for, until I received this in internal mail:

L'une de nos amies est retournée chez elle (aux Etats-Unis) en vacances et je lui avais fait une demande spéciale, en espérant que c'était pas une demande trop bête ni 'dépassé'. En tout cas, lorsqu'elle est revenue, je me demandais si elle avait oublié ma 'commande' ...jusqu'à ce que je reçoive ça par courrier interne :


As I said in the title...it is all about childhood! I used to eat these when I was still in Suriname and I loved them! I think I also had them in France but then they stopped selling them in the shops, which of course broke my heart!

I remember going to the US once and bringing a box back home and enjoying every loop of it! This time I am torn. Should I eat them or should I save them?!

Comme je l'ai dit dans le titre... Ah l'enfance ! Je mangeais ça quand j'étais encore au Surinam, et je les adorais ! Je crois en avoir mangé en France aussi, mais ou bout d'un moment on ne les trouvait plus dans les magasins, ce qui m'a brisé le cœur, bien sûr !

Je me rappelle qu'une fois je suis allée aux Etats-Unis et que j'avais ramené une boîte. J'ai apprécié chaque petit loop ! Mais cette fois je me demande... est-ce que je devrais les manger... ou bien les garder ?

1 comment:

faraz said...

i think i share the same fondness for these things. i love froot loops and of course, couldn't find them in israel. i bought this cereal called trix that i thought might come close to froot loops but was very disappointed.

enjoy them with all your might! :)