09 October 2006

99 Luftballons (or: How I Came Round to YouTube)

A few weeks back we were in a car with friends one morning with the radio on, and a familiar, comforting sound began to drift out at us...99 Luftballons by 80s German pop group "Nena". It was a nostalgic moment for us all, and for me it was the beginning of something else: a love affair with...YouTube!

I've been sent a number of links to videos on YouTube, most frequently by Leila, but until that moment I had not really appreciated its full significance. Now, however, I have a whole list of treasures waiting to be shared with you - and they'll be appearing here over the coming days and weeks.

For now, though, I'd simply like to offer you the song that turned me on to YouTube:



Although I think the original is better, I thought you might like to hear the English version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

(JP)

No comments: